Multi-standalone communication

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Dec 7 11:05:16 EST 2006

Mark, Richard, et al:

>I think your options are files (slow, and a pain if there's a lot of
>communication), sockets (datagram connections can make things a bit
>simpler), system variables (which I've never tried), and read/write
>to/from process (which I've also never tried).

Two notes:

1.  Read/write to/from process is limited to standalones running on
the same computer (it doesn't  support communication between
standalones on different networked computers).

2.  Jan Schenkel's exemplar socket communication library,
lib_STAMP.rev, is available to subscribers to the revolution_ipc
group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/revolution_ipc/>.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company