Back to button basics

Jan Sælid janselid at broadpark.no
Tue Dec 5 22:05:21 EST 2006

Hi folks,

I’m redesigning my buttons. it’s been a while since the last time. The
autobehaviour drives me nuts. Can someone please tell me what to turn off
and on in the following scenario:
The buttons belongs to a group. There should be no radiobehaviour. They
should all be transparent. No hilited border. Nothing. The only thing that
changes is the icon on mouseup. I use a custom on/off state like this:

On mouseup
   If the onstate of me is true
    Then
    Set the onstate of me to false
    Else
    Set the onstate of me to true
  End if
End mouseup

What I want to do is to just change the icon according to the state of
onstate property. Should I use a visited icon or a hilited icon? No matter
what I turn off or on I seem to get some additional behaviour. Like a border
or the traversal  border. I’m sorry that I have to bother you with this but
my early days of lessons is just hidden under layers of other priorities.

Sincerely

Jan Selid