ScriptParsingError

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 5 14:47:46 EST 2006

Mark Schonewille wrote:

 > Richard wrote:
 >> It'll be tough to make a business case for reverting to the
 >> message after all this time, esp. given the convenient immediacy
 >> of just checking the result.
 >>
 >> Look at it this way:  Sure, it's extra work, but you do it once, it
 >> only takes a few minutes, and it's done forever.
 >
 > Which message is next? No Richard, I think that once a message is
 > there, it should stick for all eternity.

In general I agree, but from time to time as the language grows I'd be
willing to accept some deprecated tokens on a case-by-case basis if a
better solution becomes available.

Have you noticed the effective default value for the paintCompression
global property was changed some time ago?

To the best of my knowledge this has affected only one person, and it
was just a one-liner to restore the old behavior.  While I'm generally
against token changes in principle, I must agree that the new setting
makes more sense for more people.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation