Convert Date Question

jhonken jhonken at webdsp.com
Mon Dec 4 12:21:29 EST 2006

That worked great. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Chatonet [mailto:eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 11:58 AM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: Convert Date Question

Hi jhonken,

The answer command places the label of the clicked button into the it
variable.
Then "it" has changed next time you use it.
But your thinking about using dateItems is right ;-)

local tDate,tYear,tMonth,tDay
   -----
   put the short date into tDate
   convert tDate from short date to dateItems
   put item 1 of tDate into tYear
   put item 2  of tDate into tMonth
   put item 3 of tDate into tDay -- not char
   answer tYear & cr & tMonth & cr & tDay

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet

Le 4 déc. 06 à 17:43, jhonken a écrit :

> I'm trying to get the system date broken up into 3 variables.  Year,
> Month, Date.  I'm trying
>

> put the Date into it
>   convert it to dateItems
>   answer it
>   put item 1 of it into TYear
>   put item 2  of it into TMonth
>   put char 3 of it into TDay
>
>   answer TYear
>   answer TMonth
>   answer TDay
>
> I get an 2006,12,4,2,0,0,2 for the first answer then I get an "OK"
> then
> answer that are empty.  Can someone please tell me where I'm erroring.

subscription preferences: