Another Plugin Question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 31 21:52:59 EDT 2006

Dar Scott wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2006, at 2:30 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> Then I set the stack to open invisibly when Rev starts up. After that,
>> the first stack I open puts my library in use. Actually, every stack
>> that is opened puts it in use all over again, but that doesn't hurt
>> anything. If it bothers you, though, you can add:
>>
>>  if the short name of this stack is not in the stacksinuse
>>  then start using this stack
>
> Perhaps a robust library should be able to handle (or even exploit)
> being start'd multiple times.

It isn't started multiple times. If it is already in use, putting it in
use again does nothing. Well, except for changing the layering order.
Whatever stack has been most recently placed in use becomes "closest" in
the message hierarchy. But the library stack doesn't receive any
messages and doesn't know about it; it's all handled by the engine.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com