mySQL & RR question

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Aug 31 19:24:20 EDT 2006

I've been working with Trevor's DB library, and it includes
Transcript routines for uploading and download dumps. It's a bit slow
on the data gathering side, however it works well. I think it needs
to be optimized however for faster downloads, but it might be a place
to start. His lib is completely open.

Here's Trevor's site:
http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/

Incidentally, he's working on some database objects stuff right now
that will knock your socks off.

You also might consider Applescripting CocoaMySQL or Navicat (both
Mac) if they have the stuff.

Navicat has the fastest DB Dump I've seen. And the fastest upload as well.

I don't know about backing up raw DB files on the server that MYSQL
creates. I think that's a no-no, unless it's an image of the whole
server.

sqb

--
stephen barncard