Sending an apple event with custom parameters (BBEdit roundtrip)

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Aug 31 06:39:53 EDT 2006

Ken Ray <kray at ...> writes:
> But keep in mind that you cannot do this with Revolution 2.7.3 because of a
> bug that scrambles the apple events. If you use Revolution 2.7.2, you can
> use apple events, but they come in backwards on Universal Binary builds
> (i.e. The class is "csim" and theID is "csod"), although PPC builds are OK.
> Anything 2.7.1 or earlier should work properly. See Bug #3809 in Bugzilla
> for more info.

Thanks Ken - that's a handy reminder for when my Rev app starts *receiving*
appleEvents from BBEdit.

However, it's moot until I can figure out how my Rev app can *send* an apple
event with custom parameters.

Perhaps I was too optimistic: maybe my question should have been, not how do I
do this, but *can* Revolution send an apple event with custom parameters?

TIA,

Ben