Sending an apple event with custom parameters (BBEdit roundtrip)

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 13:38:09 EDT 2006

On 8/30/06 2:11 AM, "Ben Rubinstein" <benr_mc at cogapp.com> wrote:
> but I can't figure out a syntax to let me add the optional parameter without
> using the dictionary, ie something like this should be the equivalent to the
> last two above:
>
>    <<event aevtodoc>> "/test.txt" <<property OpnI>> new_window
>
> All the variations I've thought of give me a compiler error.  So how do I do
> that, then?

I think you need to think 'misc' 'dosc' with your own data structure and
content.

Google the following "dosc misc revolution" and look at a couple of the
archive posts on  our list.

on appleEvent theClass,theID
   if theClass is "misc" and theID is "dosc" then
      request appleEvent data
     put it into thedata
----
Ken Ray has some good help pages on the use of appleEvents
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/ascr005.htm

Jim Ault
Las Vegas