Smooth & Fast Stack Resize?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Aug 28 06:13:46 EDT 2006

When I show the default decorations for a stack and resize it with the
standard Windows controls, the window adjusts very quickly and smoothly.
What I would like to do is to show no decorations and use my own custom
controls for resizing the stack window. Unfortunately, the methods I've
tried so far result in a very slow, herky-jerky resize of the stack window.
Does anyone have a magic handler (that could be attached, for example, to a
small rectangle graphic) that resizes the stack window as smoothly (or
closely as possible) as the "OS native" resizing method works?