Play One Movie On Top of Another?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Aug 25 05:53:19 EDT 2006

OK yes! this works:

1) create stack window: set background to black
2) create player object in center of stack window, set player to no
control...call it "bgMovie" "Background Movie
3) Create substack "topMovie" with smaller "player1", position stack on
top of main stack, over the background  movie.
4) set decorations for stack "topMovie" to none  and shrink stack window
to fit exactly under the rect of player 1.

Then off to the side of the bg movie on the mainstack card put this button:

on mouseUp

  start player "bgMovie"
 palette  "topMovie"
   start player "Player1" of stack "topMovie"

end mouseUp

OK,  works  beautifully.  background movie is  running underneath, top
movie is  playing, audio tracks from both  are coming thru.

note,  its important to make sure you "palette" the topmovie stack. It
behaves the same as a palette, even though decorations are off, which
means if the user clicks on the  background  card of the mainstack, the
topMovie stack sticks on the top layer of the video card.. if you
"topLevel "topMovie"  then when you click on the main stack, the
topMovie drops  out to the back. "disappears" from the user though it's
sound track is still running of course... its there, just underneath the
mainstack.

OK, this has lots of possibilities!  (smile)  Now, if I can figure out
how to mask the top movie so that is is not just an ugly square rect,
this actually may begin to look professional...and if  we can stream the
two movies over the net simultaneously... :-)

I think I should post a stack to RevOnline and  get some tests done on
Windows..

so next question would be, how to mask a movie so  it  has rounded
corners, radius, say 12 pixels, with gaussian blur, feathered edges from
full opacity on the inside to transparent on the outer edges...

Sivakatirswami