Hiding the cursor on Windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 24 18:07:22 EDT 2006

Devin Asay wrote:

>>> Make a button with this script and then move the mouse over the button:
>>>
>>> on mouseEnter
>>>  lock cursor
>>>  set cursor to none
>>> end mouseEnter
>>>
>>> on mouseLeave
>>>  unlock cursor
>>> end mouseLeave
>>>
>>> If it works for you, then I can stop trying to figure it out. Thanks.
>>

>> I just tested it under Virtual PC with Rev 2.7.2 and it failed on that
>> as well.  As reported already, my real PC passed just fine.
>
> Works here on an Intel Mac Mini with Boot Camp booted into XP.

There must be some gnarly issue with cursors and emulators. It's
interesting that it fails on VPC too. This is probably good info to tuck
away in the back of my mind, as I wasted about half an hour before
realizing there might not be a problem at all. Hate that.

What finally made me ask here was reading the Parallels documentation,
where they said to click inside the virtual machine window to register
the cursor location. Aha! The light went on.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com