Simple Myst-Like Application

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Thu Aug 24 12:09:45 EDT 2006

> I am building a simple Myst-like point and click of my own
> cottage, like a virtual tour.  I have made it a game for the
> family to enjoy, with sound and animated gifs to bring the
> different screens to life.  I am hoping to add a point
> system, as where when one finds a hidden
> screen/pathway/object (lets say the outhouse), then one gets
> points added to a Field at the bottom of the screen.
>
> How and where would I put the code so that the points don't
> get lost going from screen to screen, and also what code
> would I use to set variables so that users can explore freely
> and find hidden areas non-sequentially?
>
> Eg. The user (0 pts) moves up to the cottage click by click
> and scores 10 pts by opening the fridge (10 pts).  The click
> by click moves all the way out and down to the first screen
> (the dock) and clicks on a fishing pole for another 10 pts
> (20 pts) and so on.
>
> I am a newbie programmer, and hopefully this one is an easy one.

http://www.revdeveloper.com/include/wiki/rev/doku.php?id=en:spotlights:adven
turegames

How very, very timely :-)

Right now we are looking to expand coverage of Myst style games on the wiki
RevDeveloper Spotlight Center on Adventure Games. Im looking for
articles/sample code that we can post into this. If you are interested,
please message me. Chikako has an article that she is working on (Im
editing) that's up there, but its just the beginning. Malte has sections
coming.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations