using socket port twice in runrev on the same machine

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Wed Aug 23 05:08:52 EDT 2006

Hi

Today in the morning I got a runrev problem I do not understand:
When I use a runrev stack for serving like a webserver (like httpd of Andre Garcia - thank you very much for your work) or a webserver written in Perl for serving files on any port (8080 for example)
I cannot call the URL using runrev code
"put URL 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/index.html"

The servers (the perl one or the runrev one ...) get the call (the log shows the correct GET command)
but the result is not displayed in runrev.
Is it impossible for the Internetlibrary of runrev (especially the URL command) to use a port used of another process on the SAME  machine?
Could I use another command of runrev to get the data form the other program/webserver on the same machine?
The IExplore can load the page without any problem at the same time - the log shows no difference at all in the GET command.

Any idea?

I want to connect different programs (runrev standalones, visual basic based exe and perl programms on webservers) using sockets and often it is necessary to connect two programs on the same machine.

A) runrev_program_a.exe serving on port 8080
B) runrev_program_b.exe calling info from A at http://127.0.0.1:8080 and perhaps serving on port 8081 and viceversa ...

Regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch