Can Rev as CGI pull an URL's HTML into a variable?

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 15:18:04 EDT 2006

On 16 Aug 2006, at 18:54, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Hmmm, I'm afraid I'm having the same problem, using the script you
> provided.
>  I do get 90% of the html, but the loading process just hangs.

I'm seeing the same thing. Strange. Only about 16K of data comes back
instead of an expected 18K or so.

The problem seems to be with the CGI after it has obtained the data
from the imdb site. The response headers from the CGI show a content
length of 18K, so it has retrieved all the data at that point.
However, if I ask the CGI to get a different url which returns just
as much data (for example http://www.runrev.com/), it works fine.
Which makes me think there might be something odd in the data
returned from the imdb server which upsets either the Rev CGI engine,
the web server or its cgi process (Apache in my case).

I'll try and probe a bit further, but if anyone has any hints or has
had a similar experience, please let us know.

Cheers
Dave