Getting version string for standalone app

Devin Asay devinasay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:38:55 EDT 2006

I want to be able to dynamically update the version number of my
application--the number I assign in the Standalone Application
Settings--to display in my app's "About" substack. My idea is to read
it from wherever the Standalone Application Settings stack stores it.
Except after some poking around I wasn't able to find it.

So how do I read the version string that I assign in the S.A.S.
stack? Or is there some easy, obvious way to read that short version
string?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University