SuperCard Project to Rev

John Baxter mandozine at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 03:30:20 EDT 2006

I have a Tablature project I did in SuperCard about 10 years ago. I've
imported it into Rev, but I'm lost on how to get it working. I have two
custom fonts that need to both work in the main card field (on my
mainstack). I have 2 palettes that have symbols (one palette has buttons
[Tab font], the other a scrolling list [Chord font]). An example of the
SuperCard Tab palette code:

on mouseup
    set the textfont of bkgnd field 1 of wind "Tablature" to "GuitarTab"
    set the textsize of bkgnd field 1 of wind "Tablature" to "48"
    type "R"
end mouseup

The above code inserts the Tablature symbol into field 1, but doesn't work
in Rev. I'm not sure how I can mix the two fonts in the mainstack field.

I'm not sure what code I need for the mainstack as related to global
vaiables , and also how to get the text into the main card field once I
leave it to click the palette. In fact, I'm not even sure where to put the
code to define the substack as a palette! Any help getting me started would
be greatly appreciated.

John