repeating key delay time

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Aug 2 11:11:47 EDT 2006

Hi Scott,

I would recommend a timed script and checking the keysDown. This
would allow for multiple directions at the same time, if desired.

A stack with two buttons (1 of them is called "myMovingButton")

Script of the first button:

on mouseUp
   set the navigationArrows to false
   set the flag of me to not the flag of me
   if the flag of me then hereWeGo
end mouseUp

on hereWeGo
   --put the keysDown
   repeat for each item theItem in the keysDown
     put item 1 of the loc of btn "myMovingButton" into tX
     put item 2 of the loc of btn myMovingButton into tY
     switch theItem
     case "65361"
       set the loc of btn "myMovingButton" to tX - 1,tY
       break
     case "65362"
       set the loc of btn "myMovingButton" to tX,tY - 1
       break
     case "65363"
       set the loc of btn "myMovingButton" to tX + 1,tY
       break
     case "65364"
       set the loc of btn "myMovingButton" to tX,tY + 1
       break
     end switch
   end repeat
   if the flag of me then send hereWeGo to me in 50 milliseconds
end hereWeGo

If you click that button, the "myMovingButton" control can move left,
right, up, down, upLeft, upRight, downLeft and downRight using the
arrowKeys.

All the best,

Malte