SELECT FROM Db

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Tue Aug 1 16:48:34 EDT 2006

I like using "replace()"

I find this very readable and simple to write:

     put "DELETE FROM `tmySQLtableName` WHERE `tIDcolumnName` =
tRecordID" into theSQL

then, replacing the placeholders:

     replace "tmySQLtableName" with "accounts" in theSQL
     replace "tIDcolumnName" with "accountID" in theSQL
     replace "tRecordID" with q(tRecordID) in theSQL

here's the actual handler from whence I draw the example:

ON jjSQLdelete tRecordID, tIDcolumnName, tmySQLtableName
     put "DELETE FROM `tmySQLtableName` WHERE `tIDcolumnName` =
tRecordID" into theSQL
     replace "tmySQLtableName" with tmySQLtableName in theSQL
     replace "tIDcolumnName" with tIDcolumnName in theSQL
     replace "tRecordID" with q(tRecordID) in theSQL
     doThisSQL theSQL
END jjSQLdelete

FUNCTION q a
     return quote & a & quote