RevMedia for CBT/eLearning (Preston Shea)

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Wed Apr 26 17:04:49 EDT 2006

Mark Swindell wrote:
> Using the Rev engine couldn't a serious party make a "simple"
> training/testing/authoring IDE specific to that task... one that  would
> be designed from the ground up to eliminate all the extraneous  and
> sometimes confusing overhead?

Hi Mark,

I can answer this one...

YES. In spades!

I just finished using Rev to create a very focused (standalone) training
content editor for one of my clients, and they couldn't be happier with
it. Specifically, it lets them open their Rev-based training packages in
an editing environment and manipulate:

- text
     - change screen content
     - assign correct answer where appropriate

- text styles
     - font, size
     - plain, bold, italic, underline, superscript, subscript

- images
     - add, delete, replace one image with another
     - multiple images allowed per screen
     - move image around on screen for correct placement

- movies
     - add, delete, replace one movie with another
     - move movie around on screen for correct placement

- audio (spoken content for non-readers)
     - create, order, delete digital audio files per screen
     - allow multiple audio files per screen

- screens
     - do all the above to all screen types
         - title, pretest, posttest, intro, quiz, menu, score, etc
     - add a content screen
     - delete a content screen
     - automagically render finished screen as JPG for anywhere delivery

Is that the kind of thing you're talking about?

Phil Davis