videograbber sound encoding preferences

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Wed Apr 26 16:27:18 EDT 2006

Trevor,

I am currently working with the video functions under XP. Can't say
for sure what works under OSX. This does work under XP (using the
latest Rev Windows file, revVideGrabber.dll).

RevSetVideoGrabCompressor "Morgan MJPEG Compressor"
RevSetVideoFrameRate "30"
RevSetVideoGrabAudio true, "1","8","11025"
revRecordVideo movfile

This series of commands (which uses the Morgan codec) gives me very
high-quality compressed video (under 1000 kbits/second frame rate, 30
frames per second). When I check the resulting .avi file in Apple's
Quicktime Player and go to MOVIE INFO, it shows "8-bit Unsigned
Integer, Mono, 11.025 kHz".

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Been traveling.

Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies