CGI GLIBC_2.3

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 26 15:12:17 EDT 2006

Malte Brill wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i think I have read this before, but cannot find it.
>
> My provider tries to allow me to run Rev CGI on their server (debian).
> Until now it fails. In the errorlog a GLIBC_2.3 is reported to be
> missing. What now?

Your provider is a gem -- he wrote to support about it. It is pretty
rare to see an ISP do that. You have a good one.

He sent the actual error log, and the file that is missing is actually
one of the Linux libraries. The version is "GLIBC_2.3" but the file name
is actually something else (sorry, can't recall now which one it was,
but was one of the ".so" libs.)

I told him to install that file from the unix distribution and it should
be fine. I hope he can find the right version of it. I'm not sure where
that would be, but I'm pretty sure it must exist online somewhere.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com