Slideshow with Revolution?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Apr 26 05:55:10 EDT 2006

Aloha and Namaste, Joao... welcome  to Revolution:

I would second Thomas McGrath's suggestion to use store and the
recall the currentTime of the quicktime Player. Note, in case it was
not clear, the use of Quicktime here is not meant for the display of
the slides, only the playback of the  music. You would still display
the images on cards and get  the quality you see in Keynote.

We are in fact hitting this very exact same wall with KeyNote here,
where the goal is similar: sync a vocal presentation with the visuals
for educational work. We too hope KeyNote will offer this sound sync
option soon as the people using Keynote are not coders and the idea
of putting a presentation together in Rev is beyond them. And Keynote
has those automatic tools like auto detect second screen, presentor's
notes on one screen, presentation on the audience screen, which all
has to be built from scratch in Rev...... Jerry D.... are you
listening? Drag and Drop Galaxy libs for presentors? Pretty
pleeezze....people will pay for this stuff.)

But Thomas, your solution is very sweet... I will put a "recorder"
stack together in a few days... and test it out. Joao: Let me know if
you still don't figure this out, I will have a working model of
Thomas's suggestion done in the next couple of days. I really need
this right away...i already have stacks that are storing currenttimes
in audio files.

Sivakatirswami