HTML

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 20 17:40:59 EDT 2006

Mark Wieder wrote:
> I'd really like
> to be able to export stacks as HTML pages where the buttons actually
> do something, and where there are fields that can be used, instead of
> just pictures of what a card looks like. That said, the exporter that
> Marielle and Richmond put together does a bang-up job on simple stacks
> if you can keep it from crashing.

This is exactly what Eric Osterle's "LiveCard" did for HyperCard stacks,
and it was really amazing to see your stack appear in a browser exactly
as it was on your hard drive. And the online version was completely live
and interactive, though it required using HC as a CGI. It also probably
would be quite possible to convert to Revolution, or at least the
relevant parts of it (LiveCard contained a storefront and shopping cart
we probably wouldn't need.)

The reason we can't do that though is because LiveCard is copyrighted,
and it is also under contract to a now-defunct company.

Too bad. Wish we could find Eric and ask him. I spent a couple of long
evenings reading through all the LiveCard scripts and they were some of
the most comprehensive and intelligent scripts I'd seen up to then. He
influenced my style from that day forward.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com