[OT] Cringely on BootCamp's future

Wolfgang Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Wed Apr 19 14:45:49 EDT 2006

On 19.04.2006, at 07:16, Chipp Walters wrote:
Hi Chip,
I hape I can say it english as i could in german. Let me try:
I dont understand why you are whining so often about the Mac prices
and the good old times of great tools. Anf praises the glory of Win
all the time.

> The computer I would get from CompUSA for less $$$ would have a faster
> processor, more memory, and Windows Media (and remote). There are open
> source or free versions of the other programs included. I can
> freely get
> iTunes on my PC (I have it), and most companies ship some sort of
> lame-o
> photo/movie editing package as well.

You have to calculate the Hospital costs to. Check real TCO Not only
the barebone PC;) Because the eye cancer will come fast with the fast
processor, Windows Media and mediocre PcBoxes, when you have to look
at it all the day:

> I remember the good old Mac days ,

why only remember?
Check what happens today!

> with products like More
let us have a look at the Outliners, which I know much better than
developer tools.
Today we have Mori. (I have more than 2000 Textmodule organized
perfectly in a notebook) How would you do that in a Word Dokument, or
2000 Dokuments?
Mori (former HBN) is so much better, so much easyier, so much more
powerfull and so much cheaper than More...

the Win Users told me, nothing comparable on Win to:
Devonthink
Omni Outliner
Cp Notebook
Curio
Mellel
Nisus
etc, etc, etc, etc...
There is a lot I dont like at Apple, and I would like to see a real
Linux competitor (like Dan Shafer) but there isn´t. (May there is,
but I did not see it)

regards
wolfgang bereuter

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>