DreamHost CGI not working...

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Apr 18 15:28:59 EDT 2006

Mark Wieder wrote:

>Todd-
>
>Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 11:02:43 AM, you wrote:
>

>>I tried to follow the directions posted on the forum for setting up a
>>Dreamhost account for Rev CGI, but I am getting an 500 Internal
>>Server Error.
>>

>This is almost probably a script error. I was getting 500 errors until
>I changed the line endings in my script file, then it suddenly started
>working.

I'm also having the same problem (or at least the same symptoms) as Todd.

Can you specify *how* you changed the line endings in your script file ?
Or how I can verify if they are correct ?

(I ftp'ed the script file in Ascii mode, the same as I did for the other
working CGI files (Python scripts), so afaik they should be set
correctly. I copied another copy of the script to a text file -
//tweedly.org/revbin/test1.txt - in case looking at that would help)

Any other ideas welcome ...