When does a Stack Actually Die in the IDE???

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Apr 18 11:07:19 EDT 2006

Hi Dave,

> Then myStackName is set to "Untitled 1" and so it finds it ok in the
> list returned by openStacks.
>
> Do you get the same results? I'm running RunRev 2.6.6 MacOS 10.4.6

That's what I would expect after reading Rev Dictionary:

The long id of an object includes information about its owner (and
about the owner of that object, and so forth). For example, suppose a
stack named “My Stack” contains a card whose ID is 11. This card has a
group whose ID is 28, which in turn contains a button whose ID is 34.
The card also has a card field whose ID is 46. If "My Stack" is a main
stack and it’s in a file whose path is “/Drive/Folder/Stack.rev”, the
long IDs of these objects look like this:
	• The stack: stack "/Drive/Folder/Stack.rev"
<<

Note that it is the stack's fileName, not short name, that is returned.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company