When does a Stack Actually Die in the IDE???

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 18 08:28:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

I was really just after some speed. The problem is that this quite a
common thing to want to do, you can do it, but it means parsing a
string, which although the solution provided by the wonderful people
on this list is pretty fast, it's still slow for doing something like
this, which seems pretty silly really since I assume that this
information would be almost instantly available in the Engine. I was
actually considering writing an External Command to do this, but not
sure how fast that would be and whether the solutions provided thus
far would be quicker. Any ideas???

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave