Problem with Edit/Preference Menu Item

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 18 08:20:58 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I have a Stack that creates a Menu Bar and then Populates the Buttons
and Items within the Buttons. This works fine except that he
preferences menu item doesn't seem to be being moved to the App Menu
correctly. When I look at the menubar, the edit menu still has the
"Preferences..." text and a separator as the last two items and if I
select it, it works fine. There is a "Preferences" Item in the
Application Menu but it's disabled.

I've had something like this before using the Menu Builder Tool and I
eventually resolved it by recreating the Edit Menu. However, since I
am now doing this dynamically in a script, I don't have that option.
It's deleted and rebuilt each time the Application is loaded.

Any ideas on how to track this down??

Thanks a Lot
Dave