read write stdin stdout

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Mon Apr 17 08:04:48 EDT 2006

Can anyone please suggest any resource/examples on how to implement
communication with external console command-line executables. What I need is
to open an executable (preferably with no console window splashing), pass a
line of parameters to its stdin, read stdout output of the executable into
transcript variables. Actually that console app does stdout it's progress
information (counts to 100), so I would like to redirect this count to
progress bar. Is this possible in Revolution ?

Thanks !
Best wishes
Viktoras