OT: backups

James Z jazu at comcast.net
Sun Apr 16 23:48:24 EDT 2006

This isn't quite what you want but... I keep all my documents in one
directory (containing many sub directories.) when I backup to a DVD I only
need to copy the one directory.
The benefit: everything gets copied to the backup and you don't have to
worry that anything isn't  backed up..
The negative: you backup all files new or old every time, if you have more
than 8.5 GB you have to use multiple disks.

I've used this method for years starting with 40 MGB Syquest disks, taking a
left turn to 120 and 230 MB MO disks then CD-R and now DVDs. I lost the
contents of my 80 MB macintosh IIC when it crashed and Apple's backup
utility said 'all done' on disk #4 of 80 floppy disks and I never could
recover my data.

James Z.