[ANN] Galaxy Free - Coming Soon!

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Sun Apr 16 11:25:33 EDT 2006

Colleagues,

Our company (http://daniels-mara.com), in conjunction with Trevor
DeVore from Blue Mango Learning Systems (http://mangomultimedia.com)
is putting together a Revolution IDE framework called "Galaxy"(http://
daniels-mara.com/galaxy_blog/?page_id=4) and we've started a blog
called "Galactically Speaking" (http://daniels-mara.com/galaxy_blog)
where we are discussing our thoughts and actions.

We've laid out a product road map (http://daniels-mara.com/
galaxy_blog/?page_id=3) so you can see where we're headed and offer
feedback. We've, of course, shared our thoughts with Kevin and he
expressed enthusiasm for our direction and vision. We've also been
talking with Chipp, Richard, Ken, Sarah and Karen about Galaxy and
they've offered help and input.

We are anticipating a modest first release of Galaxy Free (http://
daniels-mara.com/galaxy_blog/?page_id=5) with in the next couple of
weeks (depending upon what Sarah and Karen find in testing). As the
name implies, this product will be free of charge.

If you want to get involved in something that will make Revolution
more accessible to people via an open architecture for add-on IDE
components (script editors, prop inspectors, etc) as well as its own
components, get involved. It's at least one way to help "the cause"
of making Revolution the preferred tool for cross-platform rapid
application development.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Tool makers for the 21st century