startup question

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Apr 15 11:42:01 EDT 2006

Hi Stephen,

> I just used preOpenStack for all the stuff that has to happen on
> startup...
>
> works like a champ. Nothing can even see or touch the stack until
> everything is loaded.

Just so you and anyone else who might go this route knows:

Any reference to menus and menuItems in preOpenStack will not produce
the desired result.

One can reference a menu button by name, id, or number, and change the
menuItems by changing the button's text.  But references to "menu
'File'" or "menuItem 'Save'", etc. made prior to preOpenCard will fail.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company