table behaviour

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Apr 15 08:29:56 EDT 2006

Viktoras Didziulis wrote:

>	Could anyone please suggest a
>working example of an elementary spreadsheet code (or stack) or tutorial how
>to create one. I am trying to write field sampling data classification tool.

The table built-in to Rev is very basic (indeed, disappointing) if
you're looking for regular "spreadsheet" cells, rows, cols, etc.

Jonathan Lynch wrote an excellent spreadsheet object - can't remember
(and can't easily find) his own web site address, but it is available
from http://revolution.widged.com/stacks/  - about half-way down the
page. This provides all the usual behaviour you would expect for
editing, navigating, etc.

Don't think it included reading/writing from files, but it certainly
came with decent help, so that shouldn't be hard to add.