When does a Stack Actually Die in the IDE???

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Fri Apr 14 14:19:08 EDT 2006

The best I could do was:

function stackIsOpen pLongID
   set the itemDelimiter to "/"
   return (char 1 to -6 of item -1 of pLongID) is among the lines of
the openStacks
end stackIsOpen

which on a 1.5mhz G4 powerbook took 150 ms for 1000 iterations.
(checking the windowID took 500 ms).

The trouble with 'value(word wordoffset("stack",pLongID)+1 of
pLongID)' is that given the long id of a stack, it returns the full
path of the stack, so is never in the openStacks.

Best,

Mark