Unexpected problem with Forum

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri Apr 14 12:46:06 EDT 2006

On Apr 14 2006, at 10:54, David Vaughan wrote:

> When I wrote in favour of a Forum late last year:
> > Subject: 	Re: Recent Development on the Use-LIst
> > Date: 	16 December 2005 10:52:27 GMT+11:00
>
> among my arguments were that:
> > Secondly, a single button brings up in tree format every post made
> since you yourself last checked, and no others.
>
> Alas, this forum does not. Sure, it brings up the topics on which
> posts were most recently made, but it does not bring up a tree list of
> recent posts made so you can click on one to go directly to that
> comment. Further, when you click on a thread on which there have been
> posts since you last looked, it puts you at the top of the thread
> rather than on the first new post, so you have to rely on memory to
> find whereabouts you should start reading.

Actually it does. There's no "Tree view" (whatever that is), but you
can click on the little "file" icon next to the thread name to go to
the newest unread posting.

Frankly that has been like that in any good forum i visited.

--

official ChatRev page:
http://chatrev.bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers: