Problem with Videograbber on Intel iMac

tohm at mac.com tohm at mac.com
Fri Apr 14 11:32:41 EDT 2006

Hi Paolo,

I used the tutorial found at:

http://support.runrev.com/tutorials/videos/video_capture.pdf

to get started.  The actual Video Capture Application for this
tutorial is out there somewhere for download, but I forget where.

It was not too difficult to use.  I was able to set up an exhibit for
a children's museum which grabs 5 seconds of video and audio, then
immediately plays it back in a loop.  The recordings are not saved,
just constantly overwritten. This works fine on both Windows and  pre-
Intel Mac OSX.  I am hoping to get it working on the new Intel iMacs
- the built-in iSight camera is just perfect for the museum
applications I design - but I can't get it to work.  The camera shows
up and previews in the revVideoGrabDialog screen, but I can't get
live video to appear in Rev itself.  This is using Rev 2.6.  I
downloaded the new Media demo, but it doesn't work either.  I hope
there is somebody reading who can point me toward an answer!

Good luck - let me know if you encounter any difficulties.

Tohm