image effects

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Apr 12 16:35:27 EDT 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 12:05 PM, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Preston,
>
>> Where can I find information about dissolving an image on a card
>> the way visual effects control transitions between cards?
>
> do you mean:

> lock screen
> hide img "my Image"
> ## or show...
> unlock screen with visual dissolve very slow
>
> ?
>
> Works for me... ;-)

You can also try setting the blendLevel property:

repeat with i = 1 to 100
   set the blendLevel of img "myImage" to i
   wait 1 tick
end repeat

You can play with the wait interval to speed it up or slow it down,
or set the step interval in the repeat loop higher, eg.

repeat with i = 2 to 100 step 2

In 2.7 you can use this technique with any object, including the stack.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University