Disappearing script windows-SOLVED

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 03:07:30 EDT 2006

One of the early mysteries for me with Rev on Windows was the major
aggravation on one clients computer that script windows would get very small
and even drop down to 2 pixels high.

Win XP, Rev 2.5.1, small monitor, low resolution.
Most all of my development work is on the Mac since all of my power tools
are there, but some work was necessary in the IDE on his machine.

I simply abandoned the idea of how to get the script windows to be full
size, until TONIGHT.  Another client requires printing graphics from a card
with scaling calculations on Win32.  Must be done on a PC.  To my horror,
the short-disappearing script windows(+variable watcher) syndrome hit
again!!!  This time on MY PC.

Solution:  Due to screen space limitations, I had moved the Rev menu palette
down to the right-lower part of the screen.  After the horror,  I somehow
got the inspiration, I moved it back to the top, but same problems occured.
Then quit and restarted Rev... success, relief... again I could fully resize
the windows.

However, I  DID have to resize them.  I wonder how many new/evaluation users
ran into the same effect.  Since last summer, it made me think the Windows
IDE was buggy and not something I want to work in.  Obviously I feel better
now.

Not a bug, just one of those "the operator should not use our software like
that."  Fortunately my client has no choice but to use Rev since Rev is so
powerful and now indispensable for him, or he would have tossed it.

Is this something that Windows users just know, or did I miss something
about Rev, or ?????

Jim Ault
Las Vegas
(If only the "NDLT could not be found" on C:/ did not happen on the same day
for me, but at least I solved the script window one. "  I am booting from D:
for now and getting by. )