Window staggering

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 00:17:10 EDT 2006

My first thought is to set a start location (10,10) and an ending topLeft
(100,100) and 2 increments (eg. 30,50), then use a loop for the number of
windows to find the topLeft, (then set the rightBottom according to the
screenrect available, if desired).

Of course, step 1 would be determining the window order (alphabetical,
current stacking order, etc)

on test

  put 30 into xIncrm
  put 40 into yIncrm
  put 10 into xStart
  put 10 into yStart
  put 120 into xMax

  put 160 into widthh
  put 90 into heightt

  put xStart into currX
  put yStart into currY
  repeat with s = 1 to the number of stacks
    set the left of stack s to currX
    set the top of stack s to currY
    --set the width and height if needed
    add xIncrm ot currX
    add yIncrm ot currY
    if currX > xMax then
      put xStart into currX
      put yStart into currY
    end if

  end repeat

end test
---not tested, just typed off the top of my head

Jim Ault
Las Vegas