User List or Revolution Forum

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Apr 11 15:33:31 EDT 2006

On Apr 11, 2006, at 12:32 PM, mfstuart at cox.net wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> With the introduction of the Forum, and still the
> existnece and use of the User List, which one are
> we supposed to use?
>
> Is the User List to be "turned off" soon and all
> submissions to be posted on the Forum?
> I haven't read anything to the contrary, a little unclear.
>
> What's up?
>
> Mark Stuart

Mark,

My understanding is that both will continue in parallel. I prefer the
mail list format, as do many others who have expressed an opinion
here. For me forums are like having to travel to a bunch of different
specialty stores and shopping for things I might be interested in. A
mail list is like, well, having the postman bring me flyers from all
the stores--I glance over them and only read the ones I'm interested in.

My $.02/tuppence/€.02, etc.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University