Deselecting a line

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Apr 11 13:35:43 EDT 2006

This seems a very simple question, but I haven't found the answer,
either by experiment or from the RR documentation.

I can easily highlight a line in a field by a script like

select line mySpecialLine of field "myField"

and of course my user can do it with a click on a line in the field;
and I guess I could script a click myself; but what I want to do at
the moment is the reverse, i.e. deselect a line which my user has
selected without removing focus from the field and without selecting
another line. The obvious answer would seem to be

select empty

but it doesn't work for me, and anything involving 'the selection'
actually alters the content of the field AFAICS

Dumb I know... but could someone help me?

TIA

Graham