Linux Engine Licensing - Please Read

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Apr 9 13:59:36 EDT 2006

On Sun Apr 9 ;2006, Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com wrote:

> If I read you correctly it's pretty much the same as yours -- I think.
> I'm using a standalone with a very simple stack attached to it only
> because I couldn't get the Rev runtime engine to run on its own.
>
> Did I understand you correctly that you've gotten the runtime engine to
> run by just renaming it to include ".exe"?

Yes - running for stacks dropped on it.

> Hmmm.....
>
> Any such luck with the OS X runtime engine?
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin

Sorry, no luck here. The analogous approach as in Windows would be to
rename the "standalone" bundle with ".app", but that did not work or I
could not achieve this, because the "app" does not show? I am using
MacOS on a fairly regular basis, but lack the deeper insights of a Mac
power user.
The "stub" approach of course works as any standalone can be used as a
basic player for dropping stacks on it and - at the same time -
providing access to its embedded resources (dialogs, icons etc) for the
dropped stack. The only thing you have to care for with creating such a
player is to keep the standalone stack as (visually) small as possible
as you probably did with your stub.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>