[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Apr 7 16:36:43 EDT 2006

Bob Warren wrote:

> Another thing that gets me worked up (but not from your post) is people
> citing their curriculum vitae before telling us that we ought to swallow
> great excesses of bugs because somehow it is "natural and normal"
> nowadays. In actual fact, I was hand-punching machine language bootstrap
> routines on Hollerith cards before these people were even born.

Oh Yeah?

I'm so old my first computer was made of cardboard. Heck, we had to
'punch out' the cardboard parts just to build it (and we did this all by
candlelight as electricity wasn't invented yet). We wouldv'e given
anything to play with those fancy Hollerith card-punch machines.

:-)

http://www.mindsontoys.com/kits.htm?dc1_main.htm