Help re: flushevents, system window and kill

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Apr 5 15:23:40 EDT 2006

On 3/26/06 12:02 PM, "n/a" <eptya at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new to revolution and need some help to ensure an application
> loaded via the shell is always the top window, even if the user clicks on
> another window.  I have searched the list and looked through the rev docs but
> can't find a solution which will work on all platforms.
>
> The specific issue is....
>
> I have an application which acts as a main menu (containing buttons) to load
> other applications I have made with rev.  When I click on a button an
> application is loaded via the shell function and the do command.  Howver, the
> application that is being loaded takes a couple of seconds to load.  If I
> click on the main menu window (application) while the other application is
> the other applications do not have a title bar or controls.
>
> Is there a way to work around this?

Well, if all the apps that you're launching are Rev apps, you could add in
code to each of the apps that re-activates itself and brings itself to the
front after it's finished loading. Basically the idea is to get the process
ID of the app that's running, and then do an "activate" on it.

Here's some tips related to this subject:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/proc001.htm
  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/proc002.htm
  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/proc005.htm

HTH,