There's a snail in my script entry !

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 4 16:51:14 EDT 2006

Hi from Paris,

I imagine that this problem has been aired before,
but I wasn't on the forum then.

When I am entering script in my stack, the characters
entered are displayed at about one every second.
Th bottom line of the script window shows lots of
strange information as the script command is processed,
obviously part of the parsing functions. This means that
I can enter a line of script - blind, and then go and put the
kettle on for a cup of tea, before it finally displays on screen.
It's taking me hours to enter my scripts ! I can't find any option
which is responsible for this. Did I toggle something for this to
happen ? Please help me to make the problem go away .......

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"