another yucky geometry question

TJ Frame tjframe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 21:53:36 EDT 2005

Thanks so much Jim, but alas, as this screenshot shows neither axis will
ever be parallel since this is a 2D perspectiev drawing utility. This second
image of the link is a screenshot shows a typical VP setup that might exist
and all the variations of ellipses that might result...
 http://www.tjframe.com/EllipseExample.htm
 But as I alluded to earlier, Perhaps this would be beyond the scope of
something I could implement. I know that 3D do ellipses every day, all day
long, so I had assumed it would be a straightfoward task. But I guess they
use matrix calculations to generate the points of the object rotated and
stuff. Perhaps I would need to have a 3D underpinning for the ellipse stuff
to work..
 For now I'll put that feature on hold.
 Thanks again guys,
 - TJ