slooowwww text entry in fields

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Sep 26 20:04:45 EDT 2005

>Dan Shafer wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure I'm a "wirehead" in this context -- perhaps more of a
>>brillo-head? -- but I know that very often threads go unanswered
>>here  principally because the problems they describe aren't
>>something many  others can confirm.
>
>My situation too. I've just never seen this happen so I can't respond.
>
>--
>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Thanks, Jacque, Dan, Ken, Sara and others.

Several subscribers seconded my concern, so I guessed it is a common
"issue." I guess it isn't, now. Maybe it's a heterogeneous issue. I'd
assumed it was a Rev issue.

When it happens to me, other applications seem to work normally. I've
never seen any other application bog down like that on my machine,
actually.

Quitting and restarting Rev seems to solve the problem. It happens
surprisingly often. I've also noticed that auto colorization slows
down text entry in large scripts, but this is a different issue.

I've seen the slow keyboard response in tab-on-return fields
containing just a few words, at times.

I do like "throbbing" buttons. I even wish I could make them throb in
other colors, throb at other rates, or at least not all in synchrony,
and so on. Stupid wish, huh? Probly a bad idea anyway. They do eat up
CPU activity, but seem to share the CPU very politely. Nevertheless,
I will try de-throbbing a buncha buttons. Maybe that'll be the trick
in my case. If anything fascinating happens I'll report back.

Cheers,

Tim