another yucky geometry question

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Sep 26 13:20:30 EDT 2005

I think searching via google will be the easiest way...

search geometry insert circle into polygon

or

polygon fitting

im sure you'll find it

Damn, this troubles me now...

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Decagon.html

yuk... not simple enough...

There's a whateverangent(pi/something) I don’t want to compute this now :) I
got already side-tracked (decagon -> natural ratio theta) to
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EngelExpansion.html and golden ratios and my
favorite "this is again going to lead to" e the engel number which is
logbasee of 1=2.17... I dig this stuff, and something last night blew my
mind away:  http://www.physorg.com/news3129.html - so im not to focused
right now in geometry... but it might help with binding angles in relation
to bonding energies functions in materials! sorry, I was thinking while
typing...

back to polygon fitting...

[I'll skip the deviations I took and how I got to information theory]

but

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RegularPolygon.html

is what you are looking for ;)

love that site! Not yuky, enlightening!

I leave the yuky part of transcription into a function but it should be
peanuts now... ;)

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com