Sound formats

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Sep 24 15:10:12 EDT 2005

There are far more knowledgeable multimedia gurus hanging around here
than I, but that's never stopped me before, so....

Sound formats abound. I've been doing a lot with them lately for a
big project. I think that, compression issues aside, the best
standard for Mac and Windows today is probably MP3. I've not had any
problems with anyone being able to play them on both platforms.

BTW and FWIW, I don't know what you use for sound editing, but
there's a great little shareware program from Hairersoft.com called
Amadeus II that is mind-bogglingly powerful and really easy to use.