slooowwww text entry in fields

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Sep 24 14:34:03 EDT 2005

On 9/23/05 5:08 PM, "Timothy Miller" <gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com>
wrote:

> We had a little thread on this a week or two ago. Several users
> confirmed the problem. Some had fast machines, so I guess the speed
> of my machine is not the main problem. I think they were all Mac
> users. I never did figure out if this is a Macintosh-only issue.
>
> None of the gurus on the list ever replied. Well... no one's
> obligated of course. It seems like a non-trivial issue, even if it is
> a bit on the minor side. I'm wondering why none of the true wireheads
> replied. Or maybe someone did and I missed it.

No, I don't think they did... personally I have only seen this *extremely
rarely* when there's a ton of text in a field (like several hundred K), but
since 99% of the apps I'm working on don't ever get to that point, I didn't
respond since it didn't really happen to me.

Also, as to your "90% CPU at idle" comment from the last thread, check to
see if you've got a default OS X button visible - the "throbbing" action of
the button sucks up CPU like nobody's business. If you turn off the
"default" property, you should get it back to normal again.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com